- City Government
- Public Works
- St. Cloud Recycles
St. Cloud Recycles
The City of St. cloud offers curbside recycling. Participation is the key to a successful recycling program. The city supports single-stream recycling because of the convenience it allows residents. The blue carts allow convenient co-mingling of recyclable paper, plastics, metal, & cardboard in one cart. No sorting means everyone can easily do their part.
Recycling saves landfill space, conserves resources, saves energy and saves water.
The following clean items are to be recycled:
- Aluminum cans
- Cardboard (flatten all boxes)
- Food boxes (cereal; cracker, etc.)
- Junk mail
- Newspapers and inserts
- Office paper
- Paper bags
- Paper cardboard dairy and juice cartons
- Paperback and phone books
- Plastic bottles
- Tin, steel or aerosol cans
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Glass: The recycle centers we send to do not accept glass. The recycle centers we send to do not accept glass as this time. Any glass that gets put in recycle bins has to be separated before we can send recyclable materials out. Glass breaks easily during the collection process and compromises other recyclable materials, making them unlikely to be accepted at the recycling center.
- Plastic bags: These can get tangled in the processing equipment and shut down the recycling facility. Do not recycle garbage bags, retail store bags, newspaper delivery bags, etc.
- Bottle caps
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass, or mirrors
- Motor oil containers
- Plastic tubes, jars, and trays
- Polystyrene foam
- Shredded paper
- Yard waste or trash
- Metal Pans
- Plastic Wrap
View information regarding accepted waste materials, special pickups, household hazardous disposal and our holiday pickup schedule.
In addition to curbside pick-up, residents also may drop off flattened cardboard at the St. Cloud Transfer Station:
2705 Peghorn Way
St. Cloud, FL 34769
St. Cloud Transfer Station is open Mondays through Fridays 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. to noon.