City's Strategic Plan
About St. Cloud's Strategic Plan
The City developed a Strategic Plan that established a City Vision, Mission, Organizational Values, and six (6) Strategic Goals. Since its establishment in 2018, the City has used the Strategic Plan as the guiding document to lead City operations.
During the 2021 City Council Strategic Workshop, the City Council and City Staff worked together to update the Strategic Plan and add new components to transition the City to a data-driven decision-making organization. The updated Strategic Plan now includes Strategic Objectives under each Strategic Goal, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reporting, and benchmarks to enhance transparency and accountability on city initiatives.
Now, the Strategic Plan serves as the guide that coordinates all of the City Departments to operate in the same direction. The Strategic Plan Goals describe the outcome the City wants to achieve, the Objectives define the steps the City should take to reach that outcome, the Departmental Work Plans, and the City Budget acts as the implementation tools of the Plan, and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) uses data to display how the City is performing.
The below image describes the City's Strategic Plan Process:
To provide a safe and healthy environment, manage our resources and plan for the future. We are dedicated to cost-effective open government, professional management, and quality services.
St. Cloud is a vibrant and progressive community that embraces its unique history while offering an exceptional destination to live, work, and play.
- Civility: We treat everyone with respect, politeness, and courtesy.
- Integrity: We are honest, ethical, and committed to doing what is best for our City.
- Professionalism: We conduct ourselves in an exceptional manner to produce high-quality work.
- Transparency: We promote accountability by communicating internally and externally with openness and honesty.
- Responsibility: We find purpose in honoring commitments while being reliable and dependable to our citizens.
- Excellence: We take pride in providing outstanding service to the community.
- Responsiveness: We provide prompt resolution to needs inside and outside of our organization.
- Teamwork: We collaborate effectively with our internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals for the benefit of our City.
- Economic Development: To create economic prosperity by diversifying industries, investing in workforce development, and promoting destination locations.
- Growth Management: To create a vibrant, progressive, and diverse community through sustainable planning for all generations.
- Infrastructure: To provide safe, sustainable, and resilient infrastructure for the community.
- Financial Sustainability: To meet the short and long-term financial needs of the City of St. Cloud.
- Public Service: To provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Professional Workforce: To develop and retain qualified talent to provide exceptional services to the community.
For inquiries regarding the City's Strategic Plan, please contact:
Abismael Abreu, MPA
Strategic Initiatives Manager